Fire Fighter Classes in Kansas City
Over the last few years, with the addition of our skilled and diverse training staff, CJC has become a leader in Firefighter classes and programs in Kansas City.
What is the fire academy?
The CJCFPD Fire Academy program is designed to give students the knowledge and skills to pursue a career in the Fire Service. Our courses are designed to meet industry certification standards and are facilitated by individuals with industry experience to empower students to obtain their professional goals.
EMT B Course
The Emergency Medical Technician-Basic Certificate curriculum provides the education and field experience needed to be an effective EMT. The EMT is the foundation-hospitality Care. Training topics include environmental, behavioral, shock/head spinal injuries, hazardous materials, rescue and extrication, They learn to use equipment such as backboards, suction tools, and oxygen systems.
Course Date: 7/15/2018
- Required to be 18 years of age or older prior to course completion.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
- Complete EMT-Basic student program application.
- Physical strength adequate to perform the normal functions of an EMT.
- Verification of required immunizations and additional required documents.
The CJCFPD Fire Academy program is designed to give students the knowledge skills to pursue a career in the Fire Service.
Course curriculum will be taught the NFPA 1001-1013 and 472-2013 standards.
Participants will receive:
- Live Fire Training
- SCBA Competence Training
- Hands on training including:
- Hand Tool Usage
Coordinators are fire service professionals, with over 35 years combined on duty experience. All instructors will be Fire Instructor I trained and have a minimum 5 years on duty experience. Upon completion of the program, the course will satisfy the requirements to prepare the student to take the Missouri Division of Fire Safety Firefighter I & II, Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations tests.
Course completion certificates you will receive:
Firefighter I & II
Hazardous Materials Operations
Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT)
- Be 18 years of age or older prior to course
- Successfully pass a criminal background
- Must have current physical and be signed off by a physician to be medically fit to participate in firefighting activities (sports physical)
- Complete program registration
- Proved copy of high school diploma or GED certificate
- Provide copy of valid driver's license
- Submit felony statement (if applicable)
Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT)
The Candidate Physical Ability Test is a minimum requirement for the Firefighter. The job of a Firefighter is one of the most physically demanding jobs. It requires a high level of cardiopulmonary endurance, muscular strength and muscular endurance. The evolution’s in the CPAT consist of eight critical physical tasks that simulate actual job duties.
Test Dates: 5/26/2018 6/16/2018 7/7/2018 7/28/2018
Registration and Refunds
You can register and pay on line, or contact us for a registration form. We accept Pay Pal, Visa, Master Card, American Express, check and cash for class fees. For certifications class, three-week notice on registration is required. All fees are due prior to the start of class.
Refunds are granted prior to the scheduled course upon request. A processing fee and textbook fee will apply or arrangement can be made for tuition to be rolled over to the next scheduled class date.
Americans with Disabilities Act
If you have special needs, please notify us at least two weeks prior to the scheduled class and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs.